Front End Construction
- At 102" wide, the Freedom SE's steel front end features reinforcements for rated bulkheads, a standard 48" upper coupler height and a 30" king pin location. Marker lights are partially recessed in a steel diagonal front corner for added protection. Air and electrical connections are protected within the perimeter of the front five stake pockets. The .25" mainbeam plate tapers up for easy pick up and dropping of a loaded trailer. The full-length, one-piece main beam web features 100 KSI top and bottom flanges.
Main Beam Design
- The Freedom SE beam design features a one-piece main beam web with heavy-duty 100 KSI top and bottom flanges.
- Crossmembers pass through the steel mainbeams and are fastened securely using attachment clips and fatigue-resistant lock bolts. Use of attachment clips in place of welding, which is prone to fatigue and cracking, reduces wear and ensures long-lasting service.
- The Great Dane Model 60 Landing Gear uses a constant mesh gear box which keeps gears engaged for consistently smooth shifting. The landing gear construction features a floating nut design whichprotects the elevating screw from damage caused by dock walk. Supported by angle bracing at the front and rear, the GD Model 60 has a lift capacity of 55,000 lbs. Steel bracing ensures extra support, stability, and strength. Completing the design, Great Dane's proprietary replaceable shock-mounted sand shoes reduce stresses in the mount by 50 percent. Componentry is bolted in place for ease of repair.
- For ultimate flexibility in load securement, the Freedom SE features heavy-duty 6" structural steel side rails. Winches can be mounted beneath or recessed into the side rails or on sliding tracks mounted to the underside of crossmembers. Standard on 24" centers, double pipe spools and stake pockets offer additional securement points. A 2" heavy-duty steel rub rail protects the sides of the trailer from scrapes and hard bumps.
- Four inch deep steel crossmembers are standard on 16" centers front to rear. An available coil package consisting of extra crossmembers between the mainbeams in the coil area provides additional support. Crossmember spacing on 12" centers is available for additional strength.
- Two inch square heavy-duty outriggers transfer load weight from the side rails to the lower main beams and are securely attached with specially designed fasteners.
- The Freedom SE is standard on a Hutchens H9700 spring slider suspension. Also available is the Hendrickson INTRAAX AANT23K air-ride suspension in both sliders and 121" widespread configurations.
- A standard feature, the 6-Year Stemco Platinum Performance Plus Wheel End System includes Guardian HP oil seals, PRO-TORQ spindle nuts, and integrated Sentinel hub caps. The entire system is warranted for five years for parts and labor and includes an additional year of coverage on parts.
- The Freedom SE standard lighting package features MicroNova® DOT LED lamps, designed to improve visibility and service life of the lights, and the Long Life Light System. The industry's best wiring harness, the Long-Life Light System is a maintenance-free, fully modular system backed by a 10-year warranty. This sealed harness prevents moisture intrusion, is extremely durable, and combines the flexibility of a custom wiring system with the reliability and simplicity of a sealed harness.
- The 1.13" apitong floor offers strength with versatility for load securement.
- All steel components are shot blasted prior to application of a high-quality two-part epoxy primer with a Black urethane topcoat to ensure superior adhesion, protection, and corrosion resistance.
Rear End Construction
- Rear end construction features a standard carbon steel rear impact guard. Five rear stake pockets are recessed within the rear Crossmember for impact protection. Heavy-duty tubular rear corners have fulldepth bumper blocks for additional protection against dock impact.
- All rear lights are shock mounted and recessed for maximum protection. The backs of the light fixtures and connections are fully enclosed and protected from road debris and ice buildup.
Drop Deck Option
- Freedom SE drop deck trailers offer lower deck heights for large equipment heavy-duty hauling.
- Reinforcing doubler plates in critical stress areas like crossmember punches and upperto lower transition area increase durability and help to eliminate cracking. Widespread configurations are further supported by reinforcing gussets in the suspension area.
- Standard upper coupler height is 48" when upper deck length is 10', with an option for an 11' length. Standard drop depth of upper deck is 20" with a rear deck height of 40".
- Load bearing floor pans located above the tires allow for maximum tire clearance.
- Freedom SE extendable trailers provide the extra length needed for heavy-duty highway construction loads.
- Freedom SE extendable platforms are available in two lengths:
- 53'model will extend in 5' increments to a length of 90'.
- 48' model will extend in 5' increments to a length of 80'.
- Air actuated locks allow for precise extension in 5' increments. Four steel rollers provide smooth opening and closing.